Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Gift Wrap idea

For those of you done your Christmas shopping (or just starting). I thought I would share some fun ways to wrap them up over the next few days. Today I thought I'd share the cute can I used to package some chocolates for Matthew's daycare provider.

The process takes a bit of time, but is pretty easy. You need to get a pop top can (I used a soup can, you can also buy fruit cocktail in the pop top cans that are smaller.) When you open it, you need to use a safety opener and open the bottom of the can. Then clean it out and let dry. Next fill it up with your gift or treat. Use Crystal Effects to glue the base back on. You will want to put a heavy book or weight of some sort on it and leave it over night. The next day you designer paper and a piece of sticky strip to wrap around the can. Decorate as desired.
I used Ski Slope DSP, 5/8" chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon, cute & curly punch bundle, a hat pin and beads from the Pretties Kit, cardstock and the scallop order punch.
I hope you like this idea. If you need further instructions contact me or you can see a video of the process at http://dawnsstampingthoughts.typepad.com . She has great ideas and a full video tutorial library.

No comments: