Friday, July 24, 2009

'Tis the Season....for Birthdays!

It seems like everyone I know has at least one child with a summer birthday (my youngest son is one of them!) So we are getting ready for a stream of birthday parties. The gifts are purchased and now I have the cards to make. Here is a boy and a girl sample of the cards I am making.

The boy card uses Pun Fun (it has a birthday saying inside from the SU! set On Your Birthday).
The colours are real red, soft suede, tempting turquoise, taken with teal, and more mustard. This was my first time using an aqua painter - I think it turned out well. This card also sports a piece of hardware from the Vanilla Hodgepodge kit currently on sale - see previous post for details.
The girl card uses a set and paper that are WAY out of my normal style - Pony Party stamp set and Kaleidoscope DSP,as usual all supplies are Stampin' Up! I used the Big Shot to cut the pink frame around the saying and Dazzling Diamonds to add a little sparkle. The pony was coloured using blender pen and pixie and passion pink ink. My 3 year old son LOVED the sparkles he wanted to make his own yellow pony - with LOTS of sparkles.

I hope you enjoyed looking, feel free to leave comments.

Leah

1 comment:

Darcey said...

Okay, I love the pony card!!!! I was humming and hahhing about getting that set... thanks... I think :)